AlphaCom ActiveX Document Server Interface
- VOID ActivateFrame()
- Activates the AlphaCom frame window.
- VOID ActivateSession(LPCTSTR SessionTitle)
- Activates the AlphaCom session that has the specified session title.
- VOID BringWindowToTop()
- Brings the AlphaCom window to the front of all other windows.
- VOID CloseApp()
- Force application to close.
- VOID Connect()
- Connect to remote host.
- VOID ConnectForSession(LPCTSTR SessionTitle)
- Connect the specified session to remote host.
- VOID Dial(LPCTSTR PhoneNumber)
- Dials the specific telephone number and attempts a modem connection.
- VOID Disconnect()
- Disconnect session from remote host.
- VOID Display(LPCTSTR String)
- Display the specified string on the screen. Nothing is
sent to the host. Use a backslash or caret to send
control characters such as:
^[A-Z] = Control character (e.g. ^C = CONTROL-C)
^^ = Literal caret
\b = BACKSPACE ASCII 8
\e = ESCAPE ASCII 27
\n = NEWLINE ASCII 10
\r = RETURN ASCII 13
\[3 digit decimal number] = Specified ASCII value
\\ = Literal backslash
- LONG GetBaudRate()
- Return the current baud rate.
- BOOL GetConnectStatus()
- Returns a TRUE if the session is currently connected.
- BOOL GetConnectStatusForSession(LPCTSTR SessionTitle)
- Returns a TRUE if the session with the specified session title is currently connected.
- BSTR GetCurrentPort()
- Returns the current port "COM1", "COM2", etc.
- SHORT GetCursorColumn()
- Return the current column of the cursor starting with 0.
- SHORT GetCursorRow()
- Return the current row of the cursor starting with 0.
- SHORT GetDataBits()
- Returns the number of data bits for the current session
- BSTR GetDial()
- Returns the telephone number
- SHORT GetDialState()
- Return the state of when the modem is dialing out
0 = Modem is not currently dialing
1 = Modem is being initialized
2 = Modem is dialing a telephone number
3 = Modem has successfully connected
4 = The modem was unable to connect
- SHORT GetFlowControl()
- Return the current flow control (hardware or software).
FC_DTRDSR = 0x01
FC_RTSCTS = 0x02
FC_XONXOFF = 0x04
- BSTR GetHost()
- Return the TCP/IP address or hostname
- SHORT GetLoginState()
- Return the state of autologin
0 = Not currently performing autologin
1 = Waiting for the text in the first waitfor textbox
2 = Waiting for the text in the second waitfor textbox
3 = Waiting for the text in the third waitfor textbox
4 = Waiting for the text in the fourth waitfor textbox
5 = Waiting for the text in the fifth waitfor textbox
6 = Autologin was successful
7 = Autologin failed
- SHORT GetModemState()
- Return the current state of the modem.
0 = Normal
1 = Dialing
2 = Hanging up
- BSTR GetParity()
- Return the parity of the current connection.
- LONG GetPort()
- Return the TCP/IP port. Normally set to 23.
- SHORT GetPortCount()
- Return the number of usable RS-232 ports that are available.
- BSTR GetPortName(SHORT PortNumber)
- Return the name of a specified port. This can be used in
conjunction with GetPortCount() to enumerate available
- SHORT GetStopBits()
- Return the number of stop bits.
- SHORT GetTransferState()
- Return the file transfer state:
TRS_NORMAL = 0
TRS_SENDING = 1
TRS_RECEIVING = 2
TRS_SUCCESS = 3
TRS_FAILURE = 4
- LONG GetWindowPosBRx()
- Return the x-coordinate of the AlphaCom window's bottom right corner, or -1 if failed.
- LONG GetWindowPosBRy()
- Return the y-coordinate of the AlphaCom window's bottom right corner, or -1 if failed.
- LONG GetWindowPosULx()
- Return the x-coordinate of the AlphaCom window's upper left corner, or -1 if failed.
- LONG GetWindowPosULy()
- Return the y-coordinate of the AlphaCom window's upper left corner, or -1 if failed.
- VOID Hangup()
- Hangup an active modem connection
- VOID HideMenuBar()
- Hide the AlphaCom menu bar. Menu bar is automatically restored when sessions are activated, so you may need to call this for every session activated.
- VOID HideWindow(SHORT snCmdHide)
- Make session and entire application invisible.
1 = Hides the application window and passes activation to another window.
2 = Minimizes the application window. Same as passing 4 to ShowWindow()
- VOID NewSession()
- Force the creation of a new session
- BOOL OpenSessionFile(LPCTSTR FileName)
- Force the openning of a session file
- BSTR ReadScreen(SHORT Column, SHORT Row, SHORT Length)
- Return the text found on the screen at the specified
Column and Row with the number of characters equal to
Length. The upper left hand corner of the screen
- VOID ReceiveFile(LPCTSTR pszRemoteDir, LPCTSTR pszLocalDir, LONG nProtocol, BOOL fBinary)
- Receive file.
- VOID Send(LPCTSTR String)
- Send the specified string to the host. See Display()
command for sending control characters.
- VOID SendBreak()
- Sends a break. Available on RS232 Modem/Serial
- VOID SendFile(LPCTSTR pszLocalFile, LPCTSTR pszRemoteDir, LONG nProtocol, BOOL fBinary)
- Send file.
- VOID SendKeystroke(LONG nVKey, BOOL fShift, BOOL fControl, BOOL fAlt)
- Send a keystroke as if a user typed it into an active session.
- VOID SetBaudRate(LONG nBaud)
- Set the baud rate.
- VOID SetCurrentPort(LPCTSTR PortName)
- Set the communication port to COMx.
- VOID SetDataBits(SHORT snBits)
- Set the data bits for an RS-232 connection.
- VOID SetDial(LPCTSTR PhoneNumber)
- Set the telephone number to dial.
- VOID SetFlowControl(SHORT snValue)
- Set the hardware/software flow control for an RS-232 connection.
FC_DTRDSR = 1
FC_RTSCTS = 2
FC_XONXOFF = 4
- VOID SetForegroundWindow()
- Puts the application window into the foreground and activates it.
- VOID SetHost(LPCTSTR pszHostName)
- Set the host name or TCP/IP address.
- VOID SetHostForSession(LPCTSTR SessionTitle, LPCTSTR pszHostName)
- Set the host name or TCP/IP address for the specified session.
- VOID SetParity(LPCTSTR pszParity)
- Set the parity for the RS-232 connection.
- VOID SetPort(LONG nPort)
- TCP/IP port to use for telnet connection. This is normally 23 for telnet.
- VOID SetStopBits(SHORT snStopBits)
- Set the number of stop bits to use in an RS-232 connection.
- VOID SetWindowPos(SHORT x, SHORT y, SHORT width, SHORT height)
- Set the position and dimension of the application window.
- VOID ShowWindow(SHORT snCmdShow)
- Make application and session windows visibile to the user.
1 = Activates the application window and displays it in its current size and position.
2 = Activates and displays the application window. If the window is minimized or maximized, it is restored to its original size and position.
3 = Activates the application window and displays it as a maximized window.
4 = Minimizes the application window. Same as passing 2 to HideWindow()
- VOID WaitFor(LPCTSTR Send, LPCTSTR WaitFor, DWORD TimeOut, SHORT Retries)
- Send the string, Send, to the host and initiate a
waitfor sequence to determine if a specified sequence of
characters, WaitFor, have been received. TimeOut
represents the number of milliseconds to attempt
another retry, if any, or to abort. Retries
represents the number of additional retries. A
Retries value of 0 will attempt a WaitFor sequence only
once. This is a non-blocking asynchronous call. Use
WaitTimeOut() and WaitFound() to determine status.
- BOOL WaitFound()
- Returns a TRUE if an attempted WaitFor command has
been issued and the desired text has been received.
Otherwise, a FALSE is returned.
- BOOL WaitTimeOut()
- Returns a TRUE if an attempted WaitFor command has
been issued but has timed out. Otherwise, a FALSE